End-of-Year and Birthday Reflections


It’s my birthday today and upon reflection on my 56 years on earth, along with the coming new year, I’d like to share some pearls of wisdom I've collected on the way:

“Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you’ll suck forever.”
--Brian Wilson.

“The enemy of good is better.” 
--Common saying amongst attending surgeons to surgeons-in-training. 
 
“Security is mostly a superstition.  It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.  Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.  Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
--Helen Keller 
 
“Are you really that stupid or are you trying to piss me off?” 
--Dad, whenever I did something really stupid. 
 
“The deeper you try to bury something, the more it’ll stink when someone eventually digs it up.”
--Randall Fong (me). 
 
Remember, life is one glorious hell of a ride.  Jump in with both feet and live fully in the present moment, while respecting and allowing others around you to do the same, and be thankful for what you already have.

Happy New Year!


Comments