Memorial Day 2019



This is a .45 caliber Browning 1911 pistol, which was once the standard firearm for the U.S. armed forces.  My dad was a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne, and though he hadn’t seen combat, this pistol reminds me of the sacrifice he was willing to make for our country.   This day, and countless of other days whenever I use these pistols (my favorites), I'm reminded of the soldiers who died fighting to preserve the freedom we too-often take for granted.  I sleep better knowing there are still men and women out there willing to do the same, despite the bad rap our nation tends to receive from abroad and within.  God bless the souls of those who died and those who are still out there defending the freedoms of this greatest country on earth.

©Randall S. Fong, M.D.

Comments