Informational Guide for ENT Patients

 

Many medical ailments can be alleviated with do-it-yourself remedies.  ENT (ear, nose and throat) problems are no exception, and this blog has listed a good number of those treatments.  When patients come to the office, it is often worthwhile to provide written information on a given problem, with therapeutic recommendations and suggestions.  Often times patients may leave a doctor’s office feeling confused and overwhelmed by all the information thrown at them during an appointment, even despite having most or all of their questions answered.  Heck, I have a hard time remembering my phone number and a few passwords, so I might capture one or two major points when a bunch of new information flooding my direction, missing a lot of the other, seemingly lessor items.  But, they say the devil is in the details, and took it upon myself to write down much of what my doctors or medical professionals imparted to me shortly after I leave their office.  Otherwise, I find myself scratching my head trying to recall the, “oh yes, and don’t forget this…” scenarios too many times.

This is the reason a written handout is valuable.  Many medical practices employ these in one form or fashion, as pamphlets, instruction sheets, etc.

Keep in mind however that such home therapies are reserved for more common, uncomplicated problems.

I must give out 15-20 different instruction handouts each day.  Some patients will call back later or if seen in follow-up, ask again about prior recommendations or remedies since they lost their handouts.  To make access easier, I’ve put these on our website.  To really simplify matters, I incorporated these into a nifty instructional guidebook, with a hugely imaginative title: “ENTInstructional Guide”  (my brain in action).  Just click on that link to download the booklet, or on the logo above.

©Randall S. Fong, M.D.

www.randallfong.com

 

For more topics on medicine, health and the weirdness of life in general, check out the rest of the blog site at  randallfong.blogspot.com

 


Comments